|Nickname||Prez (by Student Council members)|
Myuu (by Yu Ishigami)
Arsène (in Culture Festival)
|Age||17 (as of Chapter 53)|
|Birthday||September 9 (Virgo)|
|Eye Color||Dark Blue (anime / manga) |
Brown (live action)
|Blood Type||O |
|Residence||Sangenjaya, Setagaya Ward (formerly) |
Shibaura, Minato Ward 
High School Student
Student Council President
|Year Level||Junior (2-B) (formerly) |
Senior (3-A) (current) Cite error: The opening
|Relationships||Kei Shirogane (sister)|
Papa Shirogane (father)
Unnamed mother (estranged)
Kaguya Shinomiya (girlfriend)
|Japanese VA||Makoto Furukawa|
You Taichi (child)
|English VA||Aaron Dismuke|
Clifford Chapin (temporarily)
Miyuki Shirogane (
Miyuki is based on Ootomo no Miyuki (大伴 御行), the fourth suitor from The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, who was tasked with finding a Jewel from a Dragon's Neck.
Miyuki is a handsome young man with blonde hair, dark blue sanpaku eyes with long eyelashes. Due to his constant sleep deprivation and nearsightedness, his eyes appear to glare, and he constantly appears to look a little tired, with bags/ dark circles under his eyes.
He usually wears the regular Shuchi'in Academy black male uniform adorned with the Aiguilette, the golden chain-like accessory around his neck that is passed down by the previous generations of the Shuchi'in Academy presidents as per his authority as the student council president.
Miyuki is a diligent student who, despite his underprivileged background, climbed his way to the top of his class through hard work and determination. Miyuki holds himself in high regard, consistently working to maintain his perfect image. He is a textbook workaholic, enjoying his part-time job and often putting his own health at risk for the sake of his work, he always attempts to recruit new workers and make them join his part-time job. Due to his poor background, Miyuki doesn't mention finance much and goes to great lengths to not be wasteful, and generally dislikes expensive gifts.
Even though he holds feelings for the vice president, Kaguya Shinomiya, her wealth and talents greatly intimidate him, leaving him utterly terrified at the idea of confessing to her. He fears that any action that can be interpreted in a romantic way will cause Kaguya to look down on him, saying his trigger phrase "O-kawaii-koto", or "How Cute". This is true even after beginning to date her. He also maintains the illusion of a perfect person at all times, in order to impress Kaguya and project a proper image befitting the SC President of Shuchi'in High. He hates the thought of Kaguya finding out his less desirable traits, and hides them away. Another reason he studies so hard is that people are forced to listen to an "impure" student when he achieves top grade in his age group, and he believes that if he were to fall under Kaguya in the assessment it would make her leave him behind, deeming a potential relationship with her impossible and alien.
Miyuki has never had a girlfriend before Kaguya and is actually quite clueless when it comes to romance, though his dignified demeanor leaves most of the students to think otherwise and they often seek him out for love advice. Although he excels at studying, Miyuki has proven to be painfully talent-less in a variety of other activities, such as sports, singing, dancing, and more. However, he always strives to try and rectify these shortcomings, for his ego, unfaltering image, and generally at the expense of Secretary Chika's mental health, though never forcefully coercing her to train him.
Despite his massive pride and self-confidence, Miyuki is very selfless and helpful, unwaveringly kind and virtuous, never putting any of his goals above the well-being of others. He is extremely supportive and generous, willing to help any students with their problems, and will put aside his quest to get Kaguya to confess if it even has a chance of hurting someone else, such as when he wanted to help Yu to study but after seeing Kaguya took the initiative first he relaxed and said he had nothing to do there because he was in the most capable hands.
Miyuki's mother left his family when he was a child, taking his younger sister Kei Shirogane with her as she fell "out of love" with her husband. Miyuki's father's factory was shut down and currently has no stable employment. They lived in an apartment that costs ￥50,000 (Approx $450) a month. Due to this hard past, he has been led to a frugal lifestyle of part-time jobs and hard work to support his family. He has a somewhat bad relationship with his sister, due to his overprotectiveness at a time Kei wants to be left to her own devices. He passed the Level 2 Kanji Kentei exam and has passed Grade Pre 1 on Eiken. He has also got second place on the National mock exam.
Miyuki transferred into Shuchi'in Academy during his first year of high school on a scholarship. His first week was a disappointment in that a great majority of his peers were condescending to him because of transferring in and being "impure". Miyuki was being recruited to serve as the new student council general affairs officer by the Previous Student Council President and helped clean up a swamp. There, he saw Kaguya Shinomiya saving a girl from drowning, despite not knowing how to swim (though she had her maid to drag her back, the planning of which he also admired). It was at that moment where he was truly charmed by Kaguya. At the advice of fellow student council member Momo Ryuju, he adopted the confident genius personality he is shown to have at the story's beginning in order to attract her.
- The name Miyuki means "honorable" (御) (mi) and "row, line" (行) (yuki).
- Miyuki's surname Shirogane means "white" (白) (shiro) and "silver" (銀) (gane).
- Miyuki's natural angry eyes and his hair color resemble a form of a manga artistic expression.
- Miyuki is extremely bad at various daily activities that a normal person usually has no problem with, many of which were overcome through hard training but some are yet to be fixed. The list of such activities are as follows.
- Miyuki has entomophobia (fear of bugs) and is extremely bad with bugs that he fainted in a catatonic state when a cockroach stuck on his face.
- Miyuki was bad at volleyball as he was constantly hitting himself while trying to do a serve. Chika Fujiwara has taught him since and he has started to play volleyball like a normal person.
- Miyuki is bad at singing and was caught by Chika lip-syncing the school anthem. Miyuki's singing/rapping was described to be as appalling as a sea cucumber's intestines by both Chika and Ai Hayasaka. Chika was the one who trained him to sing and later, to rap.
- Miyuki is bad at balloon art that the balloon keeps popping. Although part of this was due to him using old balloons, using new ones does not improve his ability by much.
- Miyuki is bad at dancing and requires different training to master different types of dance, although his skills do accumulate and he can learn new dance faster based on previous experience. He was taught to perform Soran dance by Chika and Kaguya, and later ballroom dance by Chika.
- However, Miyuki was shown to be adept at unusual skills that not everyone are able to do, as follows:
- Miyuki likes oysters.
- Miyuki likes cats and penguins. 
- Miyuki has never had any Christmas cake and only had ￥2000 gift cards for Christmas presents, however, he secretly gives his sister money on her birthday.
- Miyuki's blood type is O and weighed 2118 grams at birth. 
- Miyuki's hair that extends to the left side of his head is actually bed hair, caused by sleeping with his face in a penguin pillow. He normally can't fix it due to the lack of time he has between waking up and riding his bike to school.
- Miyuki shuts down and falls unconscious if he doesn't refill his caffeine reserves every three hours due to intense sleep deprivation.
- Miyuki has a love for celestial bodies and wishes to become an astronomer when he finishes his studies. He adores stargazing and moon-viewing to the point he can completely ignore Kaguya Shinomiya's schemes to focus on the moon.
- Miyuki's LINE icon is a picture of the Orion constellation.
- Miyuki has decided to study at Stanford University after he graduates from Shuchi'in.
- Miyuki has a middle schooler's sense of fashion. 
- Miyuki has lost his virginity along with Kaguya.
- Miyuki is also quite good at table games, as well as a bit tactical when he managed to use Chika Fujiwara’s trick against her and then managed to tell Yu about her tactic and let him scold her for a second time.
- According to Personality Database, his MBTI type is ENTJ 3w2.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Volume 16 extras for chapter 155
- Chapter 197
- Chapter 211 starting new school year
- Chapter 121
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 23
- Chapter 36
- Chapter 94
- Chapter 107
- Chapter 118
- Chapter 84
- Chapter 224
- Chapter 62
- Chapter 126
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 50
- Chapter 63
- Chapter 74
- Chapter 37
- Chapter 51
- Chapter 63
- Chapter 30
- Chapter 56
- Chapter 102
- Chapter 111
- Chapter 119
- Chapter 220
|Faculty||Adolphe Pescarolo • Komari Machida • Hikaru Oobayashi|
|Third Year||3-A: Daiki Sato • Terashima • Previous Student Council President • Tsubame Koyasu|
Unknown Class: Kazu • Mori • Shizuku Asahi • Yume Atenbo
|Second Year||2-A: Ai Hayasaka • Kaguya Shinomiya • Mirin Hinokuchi • Subaru Suruga|
2-B: Chika Fujiwara • Go Kazamatsuri • Maki Shijo • Miyuki Shirogane • Nagisa Kashiwagi • Saburo Toyosaki • Tsubasa Tanuma
2-C: Erika Kose • Hayato Hongo • Karen Kino • Masaru Kobayashi • Momo Ryuju
2-D: Shindou Watabe
Unknown Class: Kaoru • Miipan • Tetchan • Toshiko
|First Year||1-A: Kozue Makihara|
1-B: Kobachi Osaragi • Koromo Shiranui • Miko Iino • Rei Onodera • Yu Ishigami
1-F: Teppei Tanaka
Unknown Class: Kojima
|Unknown Year||Maki • Sarina • Shigechii • Takkun|
|Shuchi'in Academy High School||Current: Miyuki Shirogane • Kaguya Shinomiya • Chika Fujiwara • Yu Ishigami • Miko Iino|
|Shuchi'in Academy Middle School||Moeha Fujiwara • Kei Shirogane|
|Shuchi'in French Academy High School||Betsy Beltoise|