|Nickname||Love Detective Chika (by herself)|
|Age||17 (As of Chapter 200)|
|Hair Color||Silver (manga)
Pink (anime / live action)
|Eye Color||Blue (anime / manga)
Brown (live action)
|Hobbies||Playing tabletop games, eating ramen, travelling|
|Residence||Shoto, Shibuya Ward|
|Occupation||Student Council Secretary
Tabletop Gaming Club Member
|Year Level||Junior (2-B)|
|Relationships||Toyomi Fujiwara (older sister)|
|Japanese VA||Konomi Kohara|
|English VA||Jad Saxton|
Chika Fujiwara (
Chika is based on Kuramochi no Miko (車持 皇子), the second suitor from The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter who was tasked with finding the Jeweled Branch from Hourai. Her habit of cheating during games is based on the fact that her counterpart attempted to present Princess Kaguya with a forgery. Everyone in her family has plant-based names that reference the branch in some way.
Chika's surname "Fujiwara" is based on the actual real-life Fujiwara clan who were important figures in Japanese Politics throughout history.
Chika is a cute young girl with a fair complexion, blue eyes, and shoulder-length silver hair (light pink in the anime) with a black bow on her bangs. While Chika is shorter than Kaguya Shinomiya, she has a larger chest. She is usually dressed in a Shuchi'in Academy high school uniform.
Chika is a bubbly eccentric who almost always has a smile on her face. Always looking to have fun with her fellow student council members, she is often the one to come up with strange activities and ideas that entertain herself and the others. She is mostly oblivious to the atmosphere of the room, resulting in her being an unpredictable element that ruins many of Kaguya's and Miyuki Shirogane's schemes to make the other confess, and Ai Hayasaka as Chika is a threat to her tasks.
Because of her lax attitude and childish antics, many of the council members seem to view her as simple-minded, especially Kaguya. Ironically, Chika is actually quite talented in a variety of areas, being an accomplished pianist while also speaking 5 languages. She can also be quite devious and underhanded, often attempting to cheat in a lot of the games she comes up with, though is exposed every time.
Chika is obsessed with anything that has to with love, professing herself as a “love detective” and giving relationship advice to others (despite having never had a boyfriend before). She can be oddly perceptive at times, regarding Ishigami's and Iino's respective feelings, but is simultaneously oblivious to Kaguya and Shirogane's relationship.
Chika is the middle child of a family of politicians. Her great grandfather was once the prime minister, and her uncle is the current minister of the right, making her lineage one of extreme prestige. While her family is overprotective of her, she was raised in a loving environment and has grown into a truly kind girl. However, since forms of recreation such as video games and otherworldly items were forbidden to her, she sought other means of escape and has developed many deep and unusual hobbies.
She is fond of German analog games, puzzles, and various other subcultures far removed from what one would consider mainstream. She hates lying, but when playing games such as Werewolf or Poker, she reveals a hidden side of herself and bluffs like there's no tomorrow. She has been friends with Kaguya since middle school and has often stayed the night at her house. However, their closeness isn't obvious to others because of Kaguya's personality.
- The name Chika means "thousand" (千) and "flower" (花) (ka).
- Chika's surname Fujiwara means "wisteria" (藤) (fuji) and "field" (原) (wara).
- Chika has multiple ribbons and names each and every one of them.
- Miyuki Shirogane and Yu Ishigami don’t have any idea how Chika keeps her ribbon on her hair.
- In Kaguya's flashback, Chika stated that her IQ is 3. Where and how she got that number is unknown. It is technically false since:
- Her strong point is music.
- She won the first prize in the PTNA National Piano competition when she was in 4th grade.
- She speaks five different languages.
- She is capable of deception and bluffing, especially in games.
- She understands Yu's verbal abuses and sarcasms and occasionally counters it when she has chance.
- Chika has taught Miyuki how to play volleyball, sing their school anthem, dance Soran Bushi, perform balloon art, touch fish, and to rap. Oddly enough Miyuki was the one who taught Chika how to rap first, in order for her to teach him.
- Chika unpredictability makes her a grave threat to many of Ai Hayasaka's tasks.
- Chika's LINE icon is a picture of a die.
- Chika does not like tomatoes.
- Chika shares her birthday with Yu.
- As of now, Chika has encountered three of the Four Ramen Emperors of Tokyo.
|Third Year||3-A: Daiki Sato • Terashima • Previous Student Council President • Tsubame Koyasu|
|Second Year||2-A: Ai Hayasaka • Kaguya Shinomiya • Misuzu Hinokuchi • Subaru Suruga|
2-B: Chika Fujiwara • Go Kazamatsuri • Maki Shijo • Miyuki Shirogane • Nagisa Kashiwagi • Saburo Toyosaki • Tsubasa Tanuma
|First Year||1-A: Kozue Makihara|
|Unknown Year||Maki • Sarina • Shigechii • Soccer Club Captain • Takkun|
|Shuchi'in Academy High School||Current: Miyuki Shirogane • Kaguya Shinomiya • Chika Fujiwara • Yu Ishigami • Miko Iino|
|Shuchi'in Academy Middle School||Moeha Fujiwara • Kei Shirogane|
|Shuchi'in French Academy High School||Betsy Beltoise|
|Family||Daichi Fujiwara • Maho Fujiwara • Toyomi Fujiwara • Chika Fujiwara • Moeha Fujiwara • Fujiwara's Grandfather|
|Pets||Pes • Philly|